Our New Safety Measures
Making Cowley a Safe Haven
We have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure we have adjusted our operating processes in every department, both front and back of house, to ensure we follow all government guidelines. This will inevitably affect some of the services and personal interactions which we have prided ourselves on in the past, and whilst this may limit some of the things we have previously done, we are certain that both our guests and team will agree that safety comes first.
- Guests must wear a mask at all times in public areas, unless seated at a table when eating or drinking. This does not include the gardens, gym or pool area.
- Please note that due to government legislation we will be closing our restaurant and bar at 10pm. Residents may still relax in our lounge area, and may wish to head back to their room with some lovely refreshments. such as cheese and wines etc.
- On arrival, guests will be asked to check in via the NHS Test and Trace app. Alternatively, guest will be asked several health check questions and check in manually with our reception team
- We have a new Curious App which will allow our guests to check in and interact throughout their stay via mobile devices.
- To allow the rooms to breathe in between departures and arrivals, all check in will be from 4pm and all check out's by 11am.
- We are asking everyone to observe social distancing at all times.
- Guests may be asked to provide us with some additional information to expedite check-in, which will be done prior to arrival via the Curious App.
- We have developed a digital room key system allowing you to check in remotely via your phones.
- If you become ill during your stay or show symptoms we ask you to remain in your room and contact reception immediately.
- We have removed many high contact items from the bedrooms; however we still want you to be able to enjoy these items so they will be available free of charge via our request page on our new Curious App.
- Although we have had to take magazines out of your rooms and all public spaces, we have enhanced your in-room experience with digital magazines, newspapers, audiobooks and games - which will be available free of charge via the new Curious App.
- All our staff members have been provided with masks, and protective screens have been installed on our reception desks and bar.
- We have removed some furniture to ensure social distancing rules can be observed and we kindly ask that guests do not move them around.
- Ample masks, gloves and disinfectant gel are available to both our team and guests.
- There will be a free safety box in your room on arrival with a mask and gloves, which you may use them whilst staying with us.
- There will be additional notices around the hotel reminding everyone of government regulations as and when they are updated.
- Our usual level of hospitality will sadly be reduced somewhat, even down to holding doors open for you and carrying your luggage – if you would like us to carry luggage please just ask, however we can only bring it as far as your room door.
- For the safety of our staff, we will not be servicing the rooms during your stay, unless requested to do so, and we will not operate a turndown service either.
- You will be able to interact with us via our Curious App 24-7.
- Should you fall ill during your stay we have dedicated rooms to isolate you in whilst you arrange alternative arrangements. We will be charging this at - £100/100€ per night and will include breakfast, lunch and dinner whilst you can arrange alternative arrangements.
- Housekeeping has been divided into two teams, one team that comes in and removes used linen and items that have been touched by guests - this team will also disinfect and thoroughly clean the room. The other team will work separately from the first and will bring in new linen, amenities and will prepare the room for arrival.
• Please remember to stay safe throughout your visit remember that you adhere to social distancing at all times.
• Please make sure you wear a mask in the spa reception area.
• There are sanitiser stations to use throughout the spa and we ask that you wash your hands as often as possible.
• You will be required to sign in and sign out and also have a temperature check prior to use of the spa – if you feel ill or unwell, we ask that you do not to come to spa.
• We request that you come beach ready for the pool to keep changing room times as limited as possible.
• Numbers in the indoor pool is limited to 12
• Numbers in the outdoor pool is limited to 9
• Our sauna and steam room are limited to 15min sessions for max. two people only.
• We will only provide a large towel should you need to shower whilst you are at the gym or pool.
USING THE GYM
• The Gym will be limited to 3 members at a time – and one of the treadmills will not be turned on during this time to ensure distancing.
• We request that you come gym ready where possible get changed and showered when you get back home or to your room.
• We will not be providing small towels in the gym at this point.
• We will provide a sanitiser spray in the gym and we request that you wipe machines and weights down both prior and after use.
• Please note our changing rooms are limited to 2 at a time
• There will be no hairdryers in the changing rooms this is due to high touch points and also to limit the time spent in the changing rooms.
• Anything left unattended in the changing rooms will be disposed of.
Ultimately the situation and official advice changes daily and we will continue to adapt our procedures accordingly. We remain committed to ensuring that our team stay safe, whilst our guests enjoy a wonderfully Curious experience during these unfamiliar times.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
The Curious Team