A Curious Group of Hotels llp trading as Cowley Manor – reviews your personal data to ensure they meet the new GDPR (The General Data Protection Regulation) requirements that come into force on 25th May 2018.
HOW GDPR PROTECTS YOU:
· Your personal data is better protected
· You have more control and easier access to the personal information we hold about you, if you wish to check, change it or have it removed
· You can choose how you wish to be contacted, for example by email or phone
· You can change your mind and you can update your choices at anytime
The new law states that we can use your personal data only if we have one or more of these reasons:
· When you consent to it, or
· To fulfil a contract we have with you, or
· When it is our legal duty, or
· When it is in our legitimate interest (A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information. If we rely on our legitimate interest, we will tell you what that is).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We collect information to provide better services to you such has having your registration card already filled in for you on arrival. This includes information that you give us via our website, through our social media channels, when you contact us via phone or email. When you make a reservation or enquiry via a Third Party Travel Agent or Online booking Website through which we sell our products. The different types of information we may collect is as follows:
· Registration details (name, postal address, email address, location, mobile or other telephone number)
· Date of Birth and Gender
· Business information (your company name, address, VAT number and Reg number
· Customer service info that may include comments you made either on line when booking or speaking to one of our reservations co-ordinators)
· Any other information you provide when making a reservations
· Any information you give to third party on line booking websites or travel agents
In addition the following Data will be collected when you fill in our spa treatment applications, membership applications or guest forms:
· Your full name
· The name of your partner or spouse;
· Your date of birth;
· Your contact information such as email addresses and telephone/mobile numbers;
· Your geographic information such as home address and post code (where applicable);
· Your special dietary requirements;
· Your credit or debit card details where you make a payment;
· Your medical history;
· Your physical health history;
· Your car registration for car parking arrangements
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU:
We may use the information described above for the purposes for which you provided at the time to us as well as the following:
· To provide our products and services to you
· To create a profile in our hotel system to manage your booking
· To verify your identity
· To communicate with you and answer any queries that you may have
· To deliver or allow you to participate in our services
· To keep track of your preferences and habits when you visit us
· To conduct statistical analysis to improve our Website
· To analysis your interactions with our website
We would like to send you information about Cowley Manor and our sister properties from time to time with information on products, offers and services, which we believe may be of interest to you. Our sister properties are Hotel L’Hotel SAS trading as L’hotel, Canal House BV trading as Canal House and Portobello Hotel Ltd trading as Portobello Hotel. If you have consented to receive our marketing, you may opt out at any time, by clicking on the opt out button in each of our newsletters.
We also use Google Adwords from time to time remarketing our services ton third party websites including google to previous visitors of our website. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who have not completed a task on our site, for example using our contact form and not checking out when they have started shopping with us.
You can set your own preferences for how Google advertise to you using the Google Ad Preference page and if you want to you can opt out if interested -based advertising entirely by cookie settings.
WHAT IS A COOKIE
A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again the cookie allows the site to recognise your browser. Cookie may store preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However some websites may not function properly without cookies.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES:
Google analytics: Google analytics is a reporting tool for Websites which allows us to review anonymous information about how our website is used and how visitors use our site and get to it. Google analytics do not collect personal data about our visitors.
Please note that this clause does not apply to any transfer of the Data outside the EEA as governed by the Data Protection Act, where it will not be transferred unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of Data in relation to the processing of personal data.
ACCESSING AND AMENDING YOUR DATA
You have a right to access a copy of the Data which we hold about you. If you would like to do this, please email us at email@example.com and the subject matter in the email, as per the terms of GDPR, we will provide the Data within thirty (30) days of receipt of your written request. This is a free of charge service.
You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
You are able to make amendments, or withdraw your consent for use, by telling our reception staff when you check in or by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you withdraw your consent to any or all use of your personal Data, depending upon the nature of your request, we may not be able to provide or continue providing our products and services to you, or administer any contractual relationship already in place. You understand and agree that in such instances where we require your personal Data to fulfil a contractual obligation to you and you withdraw your consent to collect, use or disclose the relevant personal Data for those purposes, we cannot be held liable for breach of that agreement. Our legal rights and remedies in such event are expressly reserved.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Your personal Data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected, for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HAVE A QUESTION?
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
- BookingSuite: Your personal data might be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands, the company which operates this website and the website suite.booking.com.